Archive for September, 2011
Clearwater Florida hosts Red Carpet Premiere for Dolphin Tale Movie
Clearwater Florida – I am so excited to be going to the Red Carpet Premiere of the Dolphin Tale Movie at Ruth Eckerd Hall tomorrow for Winter the Dolphin’s big debut. Our family has been life time members of the Clearwater Marine Aquarium for almost 15 years and know the great work they do. It’s wonderful that this movie will bring them more attention and visitors so they can do more good for marine animals in our area. I’m equally glad that supporting this premiere will also help benefit two non-profits – the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and the Challenged Athletes Foundation.
I actually took some time last week to stop by the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and get some pictures and video of Winter during a CBS interview. It was great timing because she was showing off her best stuff – Check out the video below >>
Dolphin Tale – Clearwater Florida ‘s own Winter the Dolphin’s True Story
If you’re no familiar with Winter’s story or the Dolphin Tale movie, here’s the Trailer and an except from their recent press release:
Dolphin Tale, a Warner Bros. and Alcon Entertainment 3-D major motion picture, was inspired by the true story of Winter the Dolphin, who lost her tail in a crab trap and learned to swim again using a prosthetic tail. Her ability to overcome a life-threatening injury, coupled with her amazing personality, have inspired people from around the world to overcome their own life challenges. This family-friendly film will bring her story and Clearwater Marine Aquarium’s mission of marine life rescue, rehabilitation and release to the big screen.
If you want to attend the Red Carpet Premiere in 3D – there are still seats available at 2pm on Tuesday so go to http://www.rutheckerdhall.com/event/red-carpet-screening-event/9607/?loc=event-buy- and use coupon code: WINTER50 to get a 50% discount on tickets for the event – $49.50 vs $99.00 Maybe we’ll see you there ;D
Ruth Eckerd Hall is located 1111 North McMullen Booth Road Clearwater FL 33759
Clearwater Marine Aquarium on Clearwater Beach
The Clearwater Marine Aquarium is a Florida non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the restoring and preserving of our marine life and environment through leadership in education, research and the rescue and rehabilitation and release of marine life. The Clearwater Marine Aquarium also has additional dolphins, sea turtles, river otters, stingrays, nurse sharks and more.
If you’re looking for a worthwhile cause I highly recommend the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and we’ve already received some calls for people wanting to buy Clearwater Beach condos near Winter the Dolphin and we can help with that too!
Currently 8 Comments »|
September 18th, 2011 Categories: Clearwater Florida
Clearwater Florida Ranked in top 25 Best Places to Retire but Why Wait?
Clearwater Florida - Money Magazine recently published it’s Top 25 Best Places to Retire and Clearwater Florida made their list. They shared with their readers what we’ve been saying for a long time – Clearwater Florida (including Clearwater Beach) is “the quintessential Florida beach town”. Noting that while Clearwater real estate prices may have been out of reach for many during the boom a few years ago – with prices down around 50% it’s a great value for the quality of life you get. Money mentions that with no state income tax in Florida and with all the short sales and foreclosures happening the median Clearwater home prices are now below $150,000 (which was $305,000 in 2007) so now people are finding it’s a great time to buy a home and a great place to downsize and enjoy the Florida lifestyle.
Clearwater Beach real estate prices are down too however I think that when they say you can get a 2 bedroom condo on the beach for $200,000 it’s getting harder and harder to do and those wouldn’t be on the sand or with the direct views – however you can still buy a gulf front 2 bedroom Clearwater beach condo starting in the low $300,000s and some condos on the intercoastal or not on any water at all are even less expensive. However 3 bedroom condos are pushing $600,000 on the low side and up (Though we sold 3 under $400,000 in the last 2 months on neighboring beaches so we can also let you know about them as well).
- Search all properties for sale >> Clearwater Beach Real Estate for sale today
Also Cape Coral Florida made the list of 25 Best Places to Retire so if you can also search all Cape Coral FL properties for sale;
Why is Clearwater Florida a Great Place to Live?
Other great things they shared are things we’ve been writing about for years about living in Clearwater such as:
- Clearwater is a bike friendly city – Our bike trails include Ream Wilson, Pinellas Trail and the Progess Energy Trail (See all bike trails here);
- Clearwater has little in the way of crime and congestion and is easy to get around; It also passes my 30 minute rule – where it’s 30 minutes to everything – St Petersburg, Tampa International Airport, Tarpon Springs, etc.
- Clearwater has lots of dining, restaurants, shopping, golf and performing arts like the premeire of Dolphin Tale at Ruth Eckerd Hall this week;
- Clearwater definitely has some of best beaches in the United States – Clearwater Beach at Pier 60, Caladessi Island from North Clearwter Beach and Sand Key Park and was even awarded Best Family Beach on the Gulf of Mexico a few years ago;
In addition, back in 2008 I wrote an article Clearwater Florida is a Great Place to call Home and here few are some other awards Clearwater Beach had received as well:
- Clearwater Beach named Best City Beach on the Gulf of Mexico by Dr Beach;
- USATODAY.com readers have ranked Clearwater Beach in Top 10 US beaches;
- The Travel Channel named Clearwater the ˜Best Activity Beach in the United States;
- Conde Nast Traveler has also called Clearwater Beach ˜Best City Beach on the Gulf of Mexico;
- Designated a Blue Wave Beach signifying nations cleanest and safest beaches;
- Top 20 Park Beaches in the US – 2007 – Caledesi Island State Park – Dunedin, Florida by Reserve Americas Campgrounds and Outdoor Awards
- Top 25 Top Canoeing Spots in the US – 2007 – Caledesi Island State Park – Dunedin, Florida by Reserve Americas Campgrounds and Outdoor Awards
- Fort De Soto Park, Sand Key Beach, Clearwater Beach and Caledesi Park were recognized National Healthy Beaches Campaign and each won the Healthy Beach Award,
- 13 Pinellas County Beaches annually receive the Blue Wave Award. Given by the nonprofit Clean Beaches Council, the Blue Wave Award is Americas first national environmental beach certification program
Why Wait to Retire – Clearwater Florida Is A Great Place to Live At Any Age
It’s Easy to see why Clearwater made Money Magazines 2011 list of Top Places to Retire. We say, why wait because Clearwater Florida is definitely one of the best places to retire and we’ve been enjoying it for over 20 years and love sharing it with others so we say “Why wait?”
Cyndee & Jack Haydon are experienced Clearwater Beach real estate agents with Charles Rutenberg Realty helping buyers and sellers in todays market. Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialists and also Certified Short Sale and Foreclosure Resources so you can be comfortable calling them if you are looking for help from an experienced Clearwater Beach FL Short Sales Agent.
Call them at (727) 710-8036
Currently 4 Comments »|